Each meal in my Ramadan Diet has been designed to help you sustain your energy levels and is high in protein, keeping you feeling satisfied for longer. These protein-rich meals will also help prevent cravings for the delectableRamadan fare your family and friends are bound to bring into the home. Each recipe contains a higher-than-usual amount of calories as you are unable to spread them throughout the day during this time.
Start off your day on the right foot with this Coconut and Almond Flex Bowl from my Ramadan Diet, which has been designed to help you sustain your energy levels, and is high in protein to keep you feeling satisfied for longer – plus it’s packed with familiar flavours you love, like dates, almonds and coconut.
- 3 and 1/2 Tbsps rolled oats
- 1/2 date (cut up)
- 2 egg whites
- 20g whey protein (vanilla or chocolate)
- 1/2 cup water
- 8 chopped almonds
- 5 Tbsp desiccated (unsweetened) coconut
- Cook oats in the microwave or soak in boiling water
- Add 2 egg whites to oats and stir, microwave for 5-10 seconds at a time, stirring well, until egg whites are cooked into oats.
- Egg whites cannot be seen or tasted at this stage as the oats have fully absorbed them.
- In a shaker, mix whey protein with 1/2 cup water or coconut water.
- Add dates, coconut, and almonds to oats and stir well.
- Pour whey protein over oats. Enjoy!
For more recipe’s like this one, shop the Ramadan Diet eBook here. Babes and guys can use this eating plan,which is balanced, flexible and sustainable – not to mention full of deliciousness!