Pancakes always feel like a weekend treat, but this recipe from my Veggie Glow Guide is so simple to whip up you could quite easily enjoy them for a weekday breakfast too. They’re light and fluffy but also pack a protein punch thanks to the serving of protein powder added to the mixture. Serve with a handful of mixed berries for an antioxidant boost, great for protecting your cells against free radicals! They’re also a good source of fibre and vitamin C too.
- 2 whole large eggs
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 30g of protein powder (pea protein base)
- 1/2 banana mashed
- 1 tbsp. rolled oats
- 4 tbsp. unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- A handful of fresh berries (raspberries and blueberries)
- In a mixing bowl, whisk 2 whole large eggs
- In another bowl combine and stir all the ingredients plus cinnamon powder with the whisked eggs and baking powder
- Add olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Ladle in one-third of the mixture and cook each side for 2-3minutes, or until lightly golden
- Repeat with the rest of the mixture
- Serve with a handful of fresh berries such as raspberries and blueberries.