When following a vegetarian or vegan lifestyle it’s important to incorporate more plant-based protein into your diet in order to keep your body functioning optimally. Tofu is made from soybeans and is an excellent source of protein as well as iron, calcium, zinc, and vitamin B1.
This Asian-inspired tofu and brown rice bowl from my Veggie Glow is simple to make and is great for using up those leftover veggies in the fridge.
1. Heat a non-stick frying pan on medium heat.
2. Remove tofu from the wet packet and slice it up straight away.
3. Combine all of the marinade ingredients in a bowl, then add your tofu and allow to marinate for 10 minutes.
4. Carefully place sliced, marinaded tofu steaks onto the pan and DON’T TOUCH IT for 3 – 5 minutes.
5. When it’s brown on one side flip it and cook for another 2 minutes.
6. Serve on a bed of brown rice and vegetables.
2 tbsp. olive oil
Zest and juice 1/2 lime
Large pinch chili flakes
2 tbsp. soy sauce
2 tbsp. honey
Find more recipes in any of my eBooks, available for immediate download.