Active teens require sufficient energy to get them through the day and perform their best, be it in the classroom or on the sports field.
This chicken burger from my Active Teen Glow Guide is a healthy alternative to the greasy takeout version. It contains quality essential carbohydrates, fats, and proteins and is perfect for the lunchbox or as a dinner for the entire family.
Serve on a fresh bun with lettuce, tomato, and onion, or other toppings you enjoy such as avo or gherkin.
– chicken mince
– 1/2 onion chopped
– 1 tsp ground coriander
– 3 stalks of parsley, finely chopped
– 1 tsp dried basil
– 1/2 tsp of chicken spice and any other spice that you like with your chicken 1 egg to bind it
– Salt and pepper to taste
– Your favourite burger toppings
– Mix together all of the burger ingredients and shape them into little balls.
– Place in the fridge to ‘set’ for about 30 minutes.
– Brown the patties in a frying pan, then move them to the oven to cook through at – 180 degrees for 20 minutes.
– Serve on a fresh brown bun with lettuce, tomato, gherkins, red onion, or your favourite toppings
Find more recipes in any of my eBooks, available for immediate download.