Pancakes always feel like a weekend treat, but this recipe from my Veggie Glow Guide is so simple to whip up you could quite easily enjoy them for a weekday breakfast too. They’re light and fluffy but also pack a protein punch thanks to the serving of protein powder added to the mixture. Serve with a handful of mixed berries for an antioxidant boost, great for protecting your cells against free radicals! They’re also a good source of fiber and vitamin C too.
SERVES 1, MAKES 3 PANCAKES
2 whole large eggs
1/2 tsp. baking powder
30g of protein powder (pea protein base)
1/2 banana mashed
1 tbsp. rolled oats
4 tbsp. unsweetened almond milk
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
A handful of fresh berries (raspberries and blueberries)
1. In a mixing bowl, whisk 2 whole large eggs.
2. In another bowl combine and stir all the ingredients plus cinnamon powder with the whisked eggs and baking powder
3. Add olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Ladle in one-third of the mixture and cook each side for 2-3minutes, or until lightly golden. Repeat with the rest of the mixture
4. Serve with a handful of fresh berries such as raspberries and blueberries.
Purchase my Veggie Glow here and find more recipes in any of my eBooks, available for immediate download.
Egyptian Queen Cleopatra was absolutely obsessed with almonds and included them in both her diet and beauty routine so it only seems fitting that this smoothie be named after her. The base of this dreamy creamy drink is almond milk, which is high in Vitamin E and low in sugar. The oat bran provides fibre and the chia seeds contain omega fatty acids, essential for brain health. The recipe calls for a cup of mixed berries but feel free to play around with different combinations of strawberries, raspberries, blueberries etc until you get the flavour balance just how you like it.
1 cup of unsweetened Almond Milk
1 OR 2 Tablespoons of Pea Protein Powder
2 Tablespoons of Oat Bran.
3/4 Cup of Mixed Berries
1 Tablespoon of Chia Seeds (soaked the night before)
Blend ingredients in a juicer OR a high watt blender to retain all the fibre for a slower release of nutrients
Purchase my Vegan Glow here and find more recipes in any of my eBooks, available for immediate download.
Simple one-pot-meals that use fresh ingredients and pack a flavour punch are ideal for busy weeknights when we don’t want to spend hours standing over the stove. This cashew, zucchini, and basil soup from my Vegan Glow Guide is packed with vitamins and minerals and will keep you satisfied for hours. I love that the cashews make it super creamy and give it a decadent taste!
2 tsp olive oil
1 medium onion
2 garlic cloves
3 – 4 large zucchini
1 1/2 cups vegetable stock
45g raw cashew nuts
1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Place olive oil, diced onion, and garlic in a deep based pan. Gently brown until succulent and glossy. Add diced zucchini and leave to soften for 10 – 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Add stock thereafter, cover and leave to simmer for 10 minutes
3. Add cashews and fresh basil leaves and blend with a handheld soup blender or transfer to a fixed blender. Blend until smooth.
4. Return to the heat, season to taste, and allow to gently simmer for another 5 minutes. Serve with fresh basil for garnish.
More recipes like this can be found in any of my eBooks, available for immediate download.