Spice up your regular morning oats with this recipe for Carrot Cake Oats. One of our followers Rizwaana (Instagram: @rsrloves) created this delicious recipe. It is a great way to disguise veggies into your breakfast, especially for those who are a little picky with vegetables.
125-250 ml Coconut Water
1/2 Avo, Cut Into Pieces
1 Small Banana
1 tsp Lime Juice
1 Medium grated carrot
2-3 Tbsp Jungle Oats
1/4-1/2 tsp fine cinnamon powder
150ml coconut milk (feel free to sub any milk you like)
1 tsp ghee (or coconut oil)
Granola for texture
1. Add your ghee to a pot along with the carrots and cinnamon. Allow this to soften. Add your oats and cook for a minute or so
2. Then add your water and milk
3. Reduce to medium heat and allow to slow cook until creamy.
4. It is sweet however if you want you can add a bit of extra honey or sweetener.
5. I garnished with granola and yogurt, but I found the yogurt to overpowering so you can decide for yourself.
If you would like to up your protein content you can add egg white. I usually add this at the end and stir it in.